VMware Labs recently released a new fling VSAN Hardware Compatibility List Checker to verify if the installed hardware components are on the HCL list. It also verify if a storage controller on a server is on VMware HCL. You can download the fling from here.
- Windows: XP, 7, 8, 10, Server 2008, 2012
- Browser: IE 8 and above
- HTTPS/443 access to ESXi hosts (interacting with hostd)
- TCP/5989 access to ESXi hosts (CIM service secure)
- Internet HTTP/80 access to http://partnerweb.vmware.com/service/vsan/all.json (optional)
ESXi Host Requirements
- ESXi 5.1.x, 5.5.x, 6.x are supported
- Direct access to the hostd service with username and password
- CIM service (secure) running on port 5989
- CIM provider for HP or LSI controller
How does it works ?
- Download the fling and extract to a folder.
- Fling will check for installed SSL Certificate on host. In case of Self Signed Certificate run the fling with –noSSLVerfiy option
- Provide the hostname / IP of ESX Host and root password.
- Once completed generated report will be be saved in the same extracted folder. Open the the report in browser.
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading!!. Be Social and share it in Social media, if you feel worth sharing it.